13 May 2012

Volevo un gatto nero


I love this song. Youtube-ing kids songs in Italian counts as a lesson, right?!

Its about a kid who wants a black cat, and offers lots of things (an alligator, a giraffe, an elephant) in return for the black cat, but always gets the white cat... the chorus basically goes:

Volevo un gatto nero, nero, nero,
mi hai dato un gatto bianco
ed io non ci sto più.
Volevo un gatto nero, nero, nero,
siccome sei un bugiardo
con te non gioco più.


which means:

I wanted a black cat, black, black ,
But you gave me a white cat
so I'm not staying [there]
I wanted a black cat, black, black,
Because you're a liar,
I will not play with you.

In the end, the kid keeps the white cat and breaks the deal... So maybe not the best lesson to teach small children.!

I think that definitely counts as a lesson for me though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!