12 May 2012

Back from Italy... moderately successful MMM

Well, its hard to keep up the me-made-ness when you've mostly made quite formal and fitted clothes then have to go hiking for a week! I went to tghe Piedmont region of Italy for 6 days. 2 days there, 5 real field days, 2 days back. Awesome, huh! The food was amazing- I ate soo much because everything was so yummy, and because I was with mostly Italians it was easier to find out what was good and/or a local speciality. I need to work on my Italian for when I'm there on my own!
But all in all it was a good introduction to my phd!

I took a few me made things with me; I didn't manage to get photos of everything, and the photos I did get are hurried, generally with wet hair :) I did sleep in my dino pyjamas every night, if that counts?!

See that jumper? Would you believe me if I said it was from ikea? ;)


The weather was variable!

Sunny...

Rainy...

Snowy...

But there were views that definitely made up for it!



All topped off with Gelato by the lake on the way back to the airport!

It was a long way to go for 6 days, but we had a great time. 
I'm nearly over the jet lag I think, though it took a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!