11 April 2012

Me Made May!

I, Ellen, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '12. I endeavour to wear an item that I have had a hand in creating, each day for the duration of May 2012 
(even on fieldwork in Italy...)

Its that time again. I've seen this kind of challenge before but haven't been in a position to join in.
I didn't think I'd have enough again, but when you throw in all the bags/accessories I've made, the projects that are nearly done, the plans I have for the next few weeks and the op-shop refashions... I think I might be able to do it!

The problems I can see at the moment  are:

I fly to Italy on the 2nd, for a weeks field work
The weather should be OK, so I can stick with my sleeveless tops (sleeves have always been an issue of mine), and also wear some re-fashioned tshirts and vests. Not much of an opportunity for dressing up though!

Most of what I've actually finished are dresses or PJs.
Do PJs count?! 

I need to be brave and cut some of my fabric. 
Even though I'm no expert, and as much as I love my fabric... mostly it was bought on sale so it doesn't really represent a huge investment. And I'm never going to get any better without making a few mistakes on the way.

It'll be my first month at uni.
Do I really want to be the one in the shirt where the hemline don't match? Can I live with being that girl? Can I make up a few things that don't scream "a three year old made this"?

But I'm up for the challenge.

If you are too, learn more and sign up at So, Zo...What do you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!